Who's Participating in VPI+
Thirteen school division across the state of Virginia have partnered with the Virginia Department of Education and other partner organizations to carry out the mission of VPI+. Each school division works to explore and assess how VPI+ curriculum, professional development, and assessments are best implemented in their early childhood classrooms.
In addition to providing high-quality preschool experiences and activities using VPI+ supports, the selected divisions will offer focused outreach to families and communities, as well as individualized support for children with unique learning needs, including students with disabilities, English-language learners and children from military families.
The divisions were selected based on the following indicators of need: poverty, number of Title I schools, percentage of children entering kindergarten below the state's literacy readiness benchmark and the number of unserved at-risk four-year-olds. Together, in the third year of the grant (2017-2018), the 13 divisions commit to establishing 81 VPI+ classrooms and improving services for children in 148 VPI improved classes.
Participating School Divisions
- Brunswick County Public Schools
- Chesterfield County Public Schools
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- Giles County Public Schools
- Henrico County Public Schools
- Norfolk City Public Schools
- Petersburg City Public Schools
- Prince William County Public Schools
- Richmond City Public Schools
- Sussex County Public Schools
- Winchester City Public Schools
- Frederick County Public Schools
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools